Universal Orlando Resort serves up a taste of terror with an expansive menu of delectable cuisine inspired by the sinister experiences invading Halloween Horror Nights 2021, running select nights beginning Friday, September 3.
Developed in conjunction with Universal Orlando’s executive chef and culinary team, the new menu offerings allow guests to bite into flavorful fare themed after the biggest names at this year’s event, including the Netflix smash, “The Haunting of Hill House,” slasher film “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” Universal Pictures’ horror legend, “The Bride of Frankenstein,” notorious Halloween Horror Nights icon Jack the Clown, and more.
From meat dishes sliced to perfection as a nod to the demented Leatherface to black-and-white treats reminiscent of the classic “The Bride of Frankenstein” film, this year’s selection of more than 20 mouthwatering items is so unique, they are as much a “must-do” as the slate of haunted houses, scare zones and shows. Here’s an overview of what guests can savor at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021:
Inspired by Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House”: Based on the infamous Red Room tea party, guests can try one of these miniature handcrafted stuffed sandwiches, along with a specialty “poison” tea beverage:
- Stuffed Brisket Grilled Cheese: Shaved smoked brisket and pepper jack cheese, topped with pickled onions, Davina tomatoes and garlic aioli served on country loaf bread
- Jalapeño Bacon Grilled Cheese: Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño poppers and cheddar cheese pressed between fresh country loaf bread
- Tempeh Reuben and Sauerkraut: Tempeh, vegan swiss cheese and sauerkraut drizzled with 1000 Island dressing on rye bread
- Poison Tea Party: An iced tea and lemonade-based rum punch with mountain huckleberry and allspice notes
Inspired by “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”: Dishes carved to perfection – inspired by Leatherface’s crazed chainsaw:
- Roasted Lamb Spit: Juicy lamb fresh off the spit served with spiced garlic pickles and white bread
- Severed Ribs: Delicious sliced sticky ribs with BBQ sauce
Inspired by “The Bride of Frankenstein”: Themed around the classic film’s setting in Germany and the famed black & white treatment of this Universal Pictures horror legend:
- Bride of Frankenstein’s Swirl: Served in a black waffle cone
- Flammkuchen: Crispy flatbread topped with crème fraiche, thinly sliced onions and smoked bacon
- Reibekuchen: Savory potato pancake with apple sauce, crispy pumpernickel crumble, crème fraiche and chives
Inspired by the original Halloween Horror Nights icon, Jack the Clown: In honor of the return of the demented master of horror, guests can grab classic carnival fare with a twist:
- Jack’d Donut Slider: Black Angus beef patty topped with bacon jam and American cheese on bourbon glazed donuts
- Dr. Pinetti’s Confetti Battered Oreos: Oreo cookies hand dipped in confetti cake batter that are fried until golden and dusted with powdered sugar
- Tiny’s Twinkies: Deep fried hand battered Twinkies with cream filling and topped with powdered sugar
Inspired by the Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin original haunted house: Guests can try these pumpkin flavors as nod to the all-powerful Pumpkin Lord that awaits within the haunted house:
- Field of Screams Gyoza: Dumplings filled with spicy ground turkey and butternut squash
- Pumpkin Guts (vegan): Sautéed zucchini and butternut squash noodles with hazelnut “brown butter,” sage, parsley and toasted hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds served out of a squash ring
- Dulce Pumpkin Spiced Churro: A dessert favorite filled with flavors of the season and the popular caramelized milk confection
Inspired by the Revenge of the Tooth Fairy original haunted house: The perfect treats for any sweet tooth, created to pay homage to the Tooth Fairy:
- Bourbon Candied Pork Belly: Skewered thick cut bacon coated in an apple bourbon candy coating
- Monte Cristo Waffle Stick: Waffle on a stick filled with ham and swiss cheese covered in powdered sugar and raspberry melba
- Beer Floats complete with vanilla soft-serve ice cream, whipped cream and topped with either a dried orange wheel or large pieces of peanut brittle
And Halloween Horror Nights wouldn’t be complete without the return of these annual fan-favorite food items:
- Pizza Fries: A Halloween Horror Nights staple, these “must-try” fries are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese
- S’mores Fries: Pizza fries with a twist! These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows
- Twisted Tater: Choose from traditional flavors, including Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Ghost Pepper, or try the Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater with chili and roasted red pepper queso
Guests can also enjoy specialty-themed doughnuts at Voodoo Doughnut at Universal CityWalk, including the Bride of Frankenstein marble cake doughnut dipped in chocolate and vanilla icing and the Dracula’s Kiss yeast doughnut tossed in powdered sugar with a cherry filling. And at Universal Studios Florida, guests can try an array of uniquely delicious treats in the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store, including the “Jack the Clown” and “Chance” Mason Jar Treats, Graveyard Cupcakes, Pumpkin Cocoa Bomb and more. Guests can also quench their thirst with the all-new exclusive Halloween Horror Nights Coca-Cola Freestyle Fanta Flavorween mixes, including Fanta Grape Goblin, Fanta Orange Jack-O-Lantern and Fanta Strawberry Scary Skull.
Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights begins Friday, September 3 and runs select nights through Sunday, October 31 – featuring 10 elaborately-themed haunted houses, five scare zones and live entertainment based on horror legends, pop culture greats and original abominations that go beyond guests’ darkest nightmares. And when they need a break from the screams, guests can enjoy access to Universal Studios’ most exhilarating rides and attractions.
Halloween Horror Nights also returns to Universal Studios Hollywood this fall, running select nights Thursday, September 9 through Sunday, October 31.
All tickets and vacation packages are on sale now. Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out and tickets should be purchased in advance. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.Orlando.
- [News] Official First Look Images for True-Crime Series A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY - August 9, 2022
- [News] JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION Extended Edition Arrives on August 16, 2022 - August 9, 2022
- [Video Interview] John Logan for THEY/THEM - August 9, 2022