Beginning January 4, experience your favorite Travel Channel shows along with all-new exclusive premieres on the new discovery+ streaming service.
discovery+ EXCLUSIVE PREMIERES
GHOST ADVENTURES: CECIL HOTEL
TWO-HOUR SPECIAL: Begins Streaming Monday, January 4 on discovery+.
Stationed along downtown Los Angeles’ Main Street stands the now infamous Cecil Hotel with a checkered past, beset by multiple suicides, murders, devil worshipping and serial killers like the “Night Stalker” Richard Ramirez. Riddled with stories of paranormal activity, the historic building is the epitome of creepy – an inspiration for books, films and even a season of the “American Horror Story” series. Now, for the first time ever, the Cecil Hotel is allowing cameras inside for an investigation of ghostly proportions in the two-hour special, GHOST ADVENTURES: CECIL HOTEL launching exclusively on discovery+. The GHOST ADVENTURES team – Zak Bagans, Aaron Goodwin, Jay Wasley and Billy Tolley – begin their investigation retracing the steps of one of the most chilling mysteries of the 21st century: the recent unexplained death of a young girl named Elisa Lam, whose body was found in the hotel’s water tower without any explanation as to what may have happened. Her peculiar demise remains unsolved and bizarre elevator surveillance video of Lam has fueled an abundance of theories, including that of supernatural forces. The team is convinced there’s more to the property, and it might be because of one of its most famous former inhabitants – killer Richard Ramirez. Could it be that Ramirez’s devil worshipping rituals opened up the Cecil Hotel to a demonic infestation that could have affected Lam? As the crew explores Ramirez’s old room, they make startling connections with what may be his dark energy. They experience physical afflictions, including unexplained scratches, and secure some of the most frightening and compelling audio and visual evidence they’ve ever captured.
SHOCK DOCS – AMITYVILLE HORROR HOUSE
TWO-HOUR SPECIAL: Begins Streaming Monday, January 4 on discovery+
*A special presentation will air on Travel Channel on Friday, January 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
In 1977, “The Amityville Horror” book was published and caused a sensation. The subsequent 1979 film adaptation was a surprise box office hit. It was a film that changed everything. It terrified audiences and became a film and story that people continue to return to. Today, it is the quintessential American horror story based on TRUE events. This is the story of the all-American family that moves into their dream house in the all-American town and experiences the most terrifying demonic haunting imaginable. Demon possession, demon attacks, a portal to hell. A situation so dire, even the church couldn’t help them. Through archival footage and recreations, the special, produced by 1895 Films, presents the harrowing true story of Robert Defeo, who murdered his entire family in the Amityville house, and the 28 terror-filled days the Lutz family lived in the house. (You can check out our review here).
GHOST ADVENTURES: TOP 10
NEW SERIES: Begins Streaming Monday, January 4 on discovery+
Full series available at launch (Eight one-hour episodes)
*A special presentation of Episode 1 will air on Travel Channel on Thursday, January 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Zak Bagans counts down fans’ favorite moments from more than a decade of shooting GHOST ADVENTURES – over 200 episodes! It’s a fun yet terrifying walk down memory lane as Bagans revisits the scariest, funniest and most insane clips from episodes past; and presents some of the crew’s best paranormal evidence.
- Episode 1 – “Top 10: Ghosts Caught on Camera”
- Zak Bagans counts down the most memorable ghosts caught on camera, as voted on by the fans. From a shadow figure named Roy to a thermal apparition at Gettysburg, Bagans recounts incredible evidence that proves ghosts are all around us.
- Episode 2 – “Top 10: Poltergeist Activity”
- Zak Bagans counts down Ghost Adventures’ most compelling moments of poltergeist activity, as voted on by the fans. From a toy controlled by a demon to objects dangerously launching into the air, Bagans show how spirits have a firm grip on our world.
- Episode 3 – “Top 10: Hilarious Moments”
- Zak Bagans counts down Ghost Adventures’ funniest moments, as voted on by the fans. From an impromptu sing-along on a trolley to Bagans wooing a spirit, these hilarious bits reveal moments of levity in even the most serious of paranormal investigations.
- Episode 4 – “Top 10: Terrifying Possessions”
- Zak Bagans counts down Ghost Adventures’ most terrifying possessions, as voted on by the fans. From the Zozo demon overtaking a woman to a spirit engulfing Billy Tolley with rage, Bagans explores the moments where dark entities have taken hold over the innocent.
- Episode 5 – “Top 10: Spirit Communication Moments”
- Zak Bagans counts down Ghost Adventures’ spookiest spirit communications, as voted on by the fans. From a spirit’s chilling confession of murder to a demonic scream unlike anything ever captured, Bagans presents evidence that the dead can still speak.
- Episode 6 – “Top 10: Evil Attacks”
- Zak Bagans counts down the crew’s most memorable evil attacks, as voted on by the fans. From chokings to scratches and even punches, Bagans recounts the most heinous paranormal assaults in Ghost Adventures’ history, proving that violence lives on after death.
- Episode 7 – “Top 10: Scariest Rituals”
- Zak Bagans counts down Ghost Adventures’ scariest rituals, as voted on by the fans. From a spirit board session that targest Jay Wasley’s family to the witch, Lady Snake, becoming consumed by darkness, Bagans shows viewers no ritual should ever be performed in jest.
- Episode 8 – “Top 10: Paranormal Experiments”
- Zak Bagans counts down the Ghost Adventure crew’s most incredible paranormal experiments, as voted on by the fans. From opening a spirit portal to creating a magnetic vortex, the guys’ ongoing experiments help them to capture more proof of the paranormal.
THE DEAD FILES
NEW SEASON: Begins Streaming Monday, January 4 on discovery+
Episodes 1-3 available at launch; Remaining episodes debut weekly beginning January 11 (13 one-hour episodes)
*A special presentation of Episode 1 will air on Travel Channel on Saturday, January 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Former NYPD homicide detective Steve DiSchiavi and physical medium Amy Allan are back on the case. In each episode of THE DEAD FILES, DiSchiavi and Allan first investigate each case separately. Utilizing his detective skills, DiSchiavi interviews witnesses and experts, and researches the history and facts behind each location. Allan, a physical medium who sees and communicates with the dead, assesses the property to identify what underlying entities reside there. Keeping their findings hidden from each other, the team avoids all contact with one another – coming together only at the very end to reveal their shocking discoveries to the property owners, and each other.
Available to Stream on Monday, January 4:
- Episode 1 – “The Hunted”
- Amy Allan and Steve DiSchiavi travel to Springfield, Ohio, where a man claims a malicious spirit is threatening to destroy his home, his health and his marriage. He fears he, or his wife, will end up dead if the escalating paranormal activity is not stopped.
- Episode 2 – “He Lurks”
- Steve DiSchiavi and Amy Allan investigate a Fresno, California home where apparitions run rampant and an evil presence lurks in the shadows. The owners are terrified one of them will end up seriously hurt in this hub for paranormal activity is not stopped.
- Episode 3 – “Marked for Death”
- Steve DiSchiavi and Amy Allan head to Glendale, Arizona, where vicious entities have turned a couple’s dream home into a nightmare. With the unexplained activity getting worse by the day, they are terrified their family will fall apart if they don’t get help soon.
Available to Stream on Monday, January 11:
- Episode 4 – “The Bone Collector”
- Amy Allan and Steve DiSchiavi head to Discovery Bay, California, where a woman claims a paranormal presence killed her father. With her whole family suffering from a mysterious physical attacks, she is worried her son may fall victim next.
NEW SERIES: Begins Streaming Thursday, January 14 on discovery+
Episodes 1-3 available at launch; Remaining episodes debut weekly beginning January 21 (Eight one-hour episodes)
*A special presentation of Episode 1 will air on Travel Channel on Thursday, January 14 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Former federal agent and paranormal investigator Ben Hansen is on a mission to uncover the truth behind the country’s most shocking and infamous UFO sightings. With unprecedented access to the archives of Dr. Alan J. Hynek, the chief scientific consultant of Project Bluebook – containing over 10,000 case files, Hansen believes the answers to UFOs in America are hidden in the cases of the past. Aiding Hansen on his quest is Jennie Zeidman, the last surviving operative of Project Bluebook, and Mark O’Connell, an accomplished UFO investigator and former confidant of Dr. Hynek. Together, they will uncover the secrets of the past to shed new light on today’s freshest UFO encounters.
Available to Stream on Thursday, January 14:
- Episode 1 – “Secrets of the State”
- In 2017, three classified videos of Navy pilots encountering “tic tac” UFOs were leaked. But these were not the first sightings of the strange objects. Ben Hansen digs deep to find out why the government hid all evidence of these extraordinary encounters.
- Episode 2 – “Alien Crash Secrets”
- Over the past year, numerous UFO sightings have taken place in Kecksburg, Pennsylvania, home to an infamous UFO crash and supposed military cover-up. Ben Hansen heads to the tiny town to find out if the current sightings are linked to the 1965 incident.
- Episode 3 – “Alien High Tech”
- A startling, new report claims a prominent astrophysicist worked on an aircraft reverse-engineered from the parts of downed UFOs. Ben Hansen aims to find out how the U.S. government got hold of alien technology and where it is hidden.
TRAVEL CHANNEL PREMIERES
The “Expedition Bigfoot” team – Bryce Johnson, Dr. Mireya Mayor, Russell Acord and Ronny LeBlanc – have reassembled to respond to the uptick in Bigfoot sightings, just this year. Using an advanced data algorithm, they are honing in on a massive swath of forest in southeast Kentucky, where the mathematical odds of a Bigfoot encounter are greatly increased. This year, their analysis has uncovered something new – possible Bigfoot migratory patterns that may reveal precisely where the legendary beasts will be and when they will be there. Using the latest in advanced technologies, evidence of Bigfoot begins to pile up – including vocalizations, unexplained structures, DNA samples and massive footprints that no man could have left behind. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Call and Response” – Premieres Sunday, January 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT; Concurrent premiere – available to stream the same day on discovery+
- After receiving a recording of an alleged Bigfoot call, Bryce Johnson blasts the howl over a speaker to elicit a response. With Russell Acord positioned high on a hill and Ronny LeBlanc and Dr. Mireya Mayor down in the valley below, the team may get the encounter they’re looking for.
- “Creepy Hollows” – Premieres Sunday, January 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT; Concurrent premiere – available to stream the same day on discovery+
- Deep in a Kentucky hollow, Dr. Mireya Mayor and Ronny LeBlanc encounter several unidentified creatures responding to Bryce Johnson’s recording of a Bigfoot howl. Their investigation of an old mining road uncovers an enormous footprint, confirming they are on the right track.
The surviving members of the AIMS team meet up for the first time after Trapper’s passing to discuss the team’s future and embark on brand-new adventures Trapper had set up for them before he passed. Equipped with his personal journal filled with everything he ever learned about the woods, the team travels to the mountains of the Tygart Valley on a mission to prove that there are still wolves in West Virginia. A bounty was put on them, and the last wolf was said to have been killed in 1900. As the team investigates, they soon believe that not only are there wolves in the Tygart Valley, but something much more mysterious and deadly. Throughout the season, the team learns from locals of massive K9 cryptids with glowing red eyes that inhabit the land and are known by locals as Smoke Wolves. As they dig deeper, they realize that Trapper in fact knew about these creatures back in the 1970s. [Hour-long episodes]
- SEASON PREMIERE: “The Wolves of West Virginia” – Premieres Sunday, January 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- The surviving members of AIMS head out on a brand-new adventure that team leader Trapper set up for them before he passed. Equipped with Trapper’s journal, they travel to the mountains of the Tygart Valley to prove there are still wolves in West Virginia.
“K-9 Tracks by the Grave” – Premieres Sunday, January 17 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- A grisly discovery spurs the AIMS team to find out what monster lurks in the shadows of West Virginia’s Tygart Valley. Using Trapper’s journal, they devise an ingenious way to get footprints to help identify the mysterious predator roaming the hills and hollers.
WORLD’S MOST UNEXPLAINED (U.S. Premiere)
Is Elvis still alive? Has extraterrestrial life really visited Earth? Is it possible that some people see religious statues move or bear the crucifixion wounds of Jesus? Experts and eyewitnesses explore some of the most extraordinary happenings in recent history that science can’t explain. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Deadly Gift” – Premieres Monday, January 4 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
- Experts investigate if a mysterious caller had inside knowledge of JFK’s assassination and explore the mysterious world of psychics.
“Seeing is Believing” – Premieres Monday, January 11 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
- Experts investigate centuries-old paintings of UFOs and search for the truth behind sightings of religious apparitions around the globe.
Investigative journalist Paul Beban knows what it takes to expose the world’s deepest and darkest secrets. Using declassified government files, a global network of inside sources and daring determination, he has uncovered pirate activity on the volatile coast of Somalia and earned recognition for his undercover operation exposing a violent human trafficking ring in South Africa. Beban stops at nothing to brings stories to light that have been hiding in the dark. Now, he’s taking his skills to investigate some of the world’s greatest paranormal mysteries. Buried deep in declassified government files are shocking leads and hidden truths about the paranormal. Using these clues as a guide, Beban steps into the unknown to find answers to enduring mysteries such as aliens, Bigfoot, a zombie apocalypse, superhuman soldiers, Skinwalkers and more. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Cattle Mutilation Mystery” – Premieres Monday, January 4 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- Paul Beban looks for answers in a 60-year-old string of unsolved cattle mutilations across the United States. After finding evidence of government cover-ups and connections to UFOs, Beban heads to a remote Nebraska farm to unmask who, or what, is behind the phenomenon.
- “Alien Cover-Up” – Premieres Monday, January 11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- Paul Beban searches for evidence that extraterrestrials are among us. After investigating an alarming abduction case in Massachusetts, Beban unearths long-buried files that could lead to an alien cover-up all the way to the White House.
PARAMORNAL CAUGHT ON CAMERA
Some of the most amazing, eye-opening and downright scary paranormal videos from around the world are featured as a panel of experts break down the footage and analyze what exactly the eyewitnesses captured. Insights from some of the most knowledgeable specialists in the field and firsthand accounts from the people lucky enough – or perhaps unlucky enough – to witness these strange phenomena for themselves just might make a believer of even the biggest skeptics out there. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Banff Bigfoot and More” – Premieres Friday, January 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- An elk hunter witnesses two Bigfoots stalking their prey in Canada. A Maine man crosses paths with a terrifying shadow figure while driving down a dark road late at night. An explosive argument fuels powerful poltergeist activity in Malaysia.
- “Cajun Skunk Ape and More” – Premieres Friday, January 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- A stinky Sasquatch stops for a visit in Louisiana. A haunted statue terrorizes guests at the infamous Clown Motel in Tonopah, Nevada. A Kentucky man and his brother witness a UFO flying near Fort Knox, Kentucky.
MOST TERRIFYING WITH JASON HAWES
World-renowned paranormal investigator Jason Hawes uncovers the world’s most horrifying haunts. He reveals the gravest of locations through spine-chilling firsthand accounts, eerie re-enactments and eye-opening interviews with locals and historians. [Hour-long episodes]
- SEASON FINALE: “Jason’s Top 10” – Premieres Saturday, January 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
- From a ghostly pirate hideout to the spookiest castle in England, Jason Hawes reveals his top 10 haunted locations.
Jason Hawes, Steve Gonsalves and Dave Tango are back for more adventures to the other side in a new season of “Ghost Nation.” This season’s locations have bigger mysteries, are more chilling and have never been investigated on television. And this time, they are calling in an old friend for some help – paranormal investigator Shari DeBenedetti. On all investigations, collecting evidence is just the beginning. With the help of their local contacts, they’re going to embed themselves in the community, conducting multi-day investigations in an effort to track down the true source of these hauntings and restore peace to the living. Under the United Paranormal Research Organization (UPRO) banner, local paranormal groups will join the team as they employ new devices and techniques for confronting and questioning spirits. They’ll do whatever it takes to entice the ghost into telling its story and stop at nothing to get to the bottom of the paranormal phenomena. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Do Not Disturb” – Premieres Saturday, January 9 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
- Jason Hawes, Steve Gonsalves, Dave Tango and Shari DeBenedetti investigate the Hotel Conneaut in Pennsylvania. Reports of a ghost bride and mysterious attacks have put the lakeside resort’s existence on the line, and the team must dig deep into the property’s fiery past to find answers.
- “Phantom Fury” – Premieres Saturday, January 16 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
- Jason Hawes, Steve Gonsalves, Dave Tango and Shari DeBenedetti head to rural Indiana to help a desperate family being terrorized by ghostly growls and bizarre apparitions in their home. But as the team tries to root out the source of the hostile haunting, Tango becomes its target.
Professional paranormal investigators Amy Bruni, Adam Berry and psychic medium Chip Coffey are facing hauntings unlike anything they’ve seen yet in the new season of “Kindred Spirits.” Bruni, Berry and Coffey dig deep into the past to identify the restless spirits haunting America’s oldest inns, homes and estates. Utilizing a range of tools and techniques, their multilayered investigations tackle frightening tales of possession, aggressive entities and more. Together, the team elicit shocking evidence and connections with the other side that lead them closer to the truth, as they search for answers behind each haunted tale. [Hour-long episodes]
- “Zombie Boy” – Premieres Saturday, January 9 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- Amy Bruni, Adam Berry and Chip Coffey research claims of possession and lost time at a historic estate in Middleborough, Massachusetts. A mind-bending discovery makes the team realize that the paranormal field is more dangerous than anyone anticipated.
- “False Witness” – Premieres Saturday, January 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- In 1673, Rebecca Cornell was found murdered in her Rhode Island home. Days later, her ghost testified against her son! Amy Bruni, Adam Berry and Chip Coffey attempt to conjure the spirits who played a part in the centuries-old crime and reveal the truth.