Blumhouse announced today that Crooked Highway, Scott Derrickson (Bermuda, Doctor Strange, Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose) and C. Robert Cargill’s (Bermuda, Doctor Strange, Sinister) production company, has signed a first-look television deal. Under the new 2-year deal, the recently formed production company will develop projects for the television company. Sherryl Clark (Cloverfield, Morning Glory, Blackbird) has been named President of Production for Crooked Highway.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Scott, Cargill, and Sherryl into the Blumhouse family, to work with us in television,” said Jason Blum. We have had a lot of success collaborating in film, and they’ve brought some great material in to develop that we can’t wait to get in front of fans.”
“It was an easy, natural progression for us to collaborate further with Jason in television, given our success with Blumhouse on the feature side,” said Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill.
Crooked Highway has several television projects in development with Blumhouse, including:
- Full Body Burden: Inspired by author Kristen Iversen’s book of the same name, this is the true story of a deadly government secret hidden in plain sight: the Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Plant just outside of Denver, CO.
- Midnight Radio: An off-the-grid radio host begins to piece together the connections between various supernatural experiences described by his callers.
- The Devil’s Detective: A human investigator navigates the intricate bureaucracies of Hell to solve high-profile murder cases amid a populace of angels, demons, and the damned. Based on the novel of the same name by Simon Kurt Unsworth.
Crooked Highway is producing Derrickson’s recently announced, upcoming film The Black Phone, alongside the features team at Blumhouse, for Universal Pictures. The film is based on a short story by Joe Hill that was adapted by Derrickson and Cargill. Earlier this year, Derrickson and Cargill served as executive producers of the film My Valentine, written and directed by Maggie Levin, which was part of Blumhouse Television’s Into the Dark anthology series for Hulu. Crooked Highway will also be producing Levin’s Retrograde, a sci-fi time-manipulation thriller. Derrickson and Cargill famously collaborated with Blumhouse on the Sinister franchise, and the two films grossed over $135 million at the worldwide box office. In October, Sinister was named the scariest horror movie of all time according to a study conducted by broadbandchoices.
Sherryl Clark served as Head of Film for Bad Robot for over five years, where she produced Cloverfield and Morning Glory and oversaw the Mission Impossible and Star Trek franchises. Clark also ran her own production company, Busted Shark, and most recently was President of Production for The H Collective (Brightburn, The Parts You Lose).
Crooked Highway is represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- [News] John Logan Makes Directorial Debut with Blumhouse’s WHISTLER CAMP - April 9, 2021
- [News] Phoebe Waller-Bridge Joins INDIANA JONES Fifth Installment - April 9, 2021
- [News] WRONG PLACE WRONG TIME Arrives This May! - April 9, 2021