AMC Networks’ Shudder — called the “gold standard” of targeted streaming services by Guardian and described by Thrillist as “pretty much everything a horror fan could want”—announced today that its premium subscription streaming service for horror, thriller, and the supernatural is now available in Australia and New Zealand, expanding a global footprint that already encompasses the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
“We’re thrilled to share our unrivaled collection of curated horror and supernatural movies and series with Australian and New Zealand audiences just in time for Halloween season, where we feature our biggest and best programming of the year,” said Craig Engler, Shudder’s General Manager. “These new launches continue our growing international expansion and our commitment to offer premium genre entertainment to a global audience.”
Shudder offers hundreds of hours of programming, including dozens of original and exclusive movies and original series like the breakout hits Creepshow and Cursed Films. Among the initial titles available are:
- Recent Shudder Originals including Zoom-based, shot in quarantine chiller Host, the highest-rated horror movie on Rotten Tomatoes with a 100% fresh rating. As well as the Certified Fresh eco-horror The Beach House, Blood Machines, Blood Quantum, Impetigore, Lake of Death, Random Acts of Violence (premiering Aug. 20), Scare Package, The Room, Yummy and Z.
- Shudder Original Series Creepshow (from showrunner/executive producer Greg Nicotero), supernatural action series The Dead Lands (in Australia only), and the Shudder Exclusive Missions.
- Documentaries like the Shudder Original Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror, the Shudder breakout docu-series Cursed Films, and Shudder Exclusive In Search of Darkness.
- Other Shudder Originals and Exclusives including Belzebuth, Deadtectives, the Hell House LLC Trilogy, Mayhem, The Night Shifter, One Cut of the Dead, The Ranger, Revenge, Satan’s Slaves, Terrified and Tigers Are Not Afraid.
The premium streaming service is available in Australia and New Zealand on the web, iOS, Apple TV, Android, and Android TV, and also FireTV in Australia. Plans start at just AU$5.83 and NZ$6.67.
- [Interview] Patrick Ridremont for THE ADVENT CALENDAR - December 8, 2021
- [News] Supernatural Horror WARHUNT Hits Theaters Jan 22 - December 8, 2021
- [News] First Look at THE WOMAN IN THE HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE GIRL IN THE WINDOW - December 8, 2021