Are you trapped inside your house, apartment or moldy crypt in fear of catching or spreading the dreaded COVID-19 virus? We’ve all been hearing about it even when taking active steps to avoid the terrifying news of the global pandemic, forcing everyone to stay indoors for the foreseeable future. The outbreak has become so prevalent in the world today, it’s even developed its own hashtag campaign, #StayHome.
With so many people stuck inside their houses unable to congregate for fun and recreation, or even able to show up for work, Shockfest Film Festival has just dropped news about their official QUARANTINE COMPETITION, in which anyone can take part in an earn the chance to win The Grand Prize of $666 and screen their work at their upcoming event, the 12th year anniversary of Shockfest Film Festival. Registration has now opened to the public! Here are the basics of what you need to know:
- Make a 1-2 minute long video about being quarantined at Hotel Paranormal.
- Upload your video to Shockfest Film Festival by May 31st on FilmFreeway Here.
- Win the Grand Prize of $666 and screen your video at Shockfest Hollywood!
The competition begins promptly on April 18, 2020, and all films must be completed and submitted by the deadline of May 31, 2020. Now is the best time to register, because from this moment on until April 18, 2020, Shockfest is adjusting the registration fee from $13 to only $2!
All you have to do is…
1) Create a project profile on FilmFreeway and title it: SHOCKFEST QUARANTINE + (Your Name or Production Company).
2) Submit that project to the QUARANTINE COMPETITION category on the Shockfest Film Festival FilmFreeway page (link and code below).
3) Await for instructions on April 18th with filmmaking parameters to include in your video.
4) Upload your video to your project file on FilmFreeway no later than May 31, 2020.
JOIN THE COMPETITION BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
Discount Code For $2 ENTRY: QUARANTINE1
Instructions for joining the Quarantine Competition
All official competitors will receive instructions on April 18th with parameters including specific phrases and content to be included in the finished films. This is designed to prevent filming before the competition begins, so keep your eyes on your emails, the Shockfest FACEBOOK PAGE and their website www.shockfilmfest.com for further updates and instructions in order to move forward with this exciting opportunity.
The Shockfest Quarantine Competition and Shockfest Film Festival is made possible by their sponsors including the organizations The New York Women Film And Television, The New York Film And Video Council, the museum and historic site in Manhattan, The Morris-Jumel Mansion, and businesses such as one of the worlds largest Toy, Comic and Collectibles shops, Forbidden Planet NYC and one of the biggest costume and novelty stores in all of the North East, Halloween Adventure NYC.
Make a short horror scene with whatever you have in the house and win money and that is that. With an opportunity to win such a devilish grand prize of $666, you would be damned to miss out.
- [News] Amazon Prime Video Presents WELCOME TO THE BLUMHOUSE LIVE - September 20, 2021
- [News] Brooklyn Horror Film Fest Announce 2021 Slate for In-Person Event - September 20, 2021
- [News] The Final HALLOWEEN KILLS Trailer is Here! - September 20, 2021