Boundary-pushing cinematic visionary Lars von Trier (Antichrist) returns with THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT, one of his most daring, masterfully provocative works yet.
In five audacious episodes, failed architect and arch-sociopath Jack (Matt Dillon) recounts the elaborately orchestrated murders – each, as he views them, as a towering work of art – that define his “career” as a serial killer. Mixing pitch-black humor, transcendent surrealism, and renegade musings on everything from history to architecture to cinema itself, von Trier fashions a radical, blazingly personal inquiry into violence, art, and the twin acts of creation and destruction. Uma Thurman, Riley Keough, and Bruno Ganz co-star.
Making its Blu-ray and DVD debut February 4, 2020 from Scream Factory in conjunction with IFC Films, the two-disc release contains both the director’s cut and the theatrical cut of the film, as well as an interview with director Lars von Trier as a bonus feature, as well as the theatrical and teaser trailers. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com
THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT Bonus Features
- Includes both the theatrical cut and director’s cut of the film
- Sonning Prize: An interview with director Lars von Trier
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- [Interview] Krysten Ritter for NIGHTBOOKS - September 17, 2021
- [TIFF 2021 Interview] Jenna Cato Bass for GOOD MADAM - September 16, 2021
- [Article] How Basket Case’s Legacy Carries on in James Wan’s MALIGNANT - September 15, 2021