Spooky Empire, who hosts one of the most coveted and recognizable thriller conventions in the nation, is thrilled to announce two megastars confirmed for its upcoming convention. Shock rocker Alice Cooper will be joining the line-up along with the grand return of the Queen of Halloween, Cassandra Peterson as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. The news marks the celebration of the convention’s extended dates from Halloween on Thursday, October 31 through Sunday, November 3, 2019 at the Tampa Convention Center.
As a special ode to the new location, the convention will have special meet and greet opportunities for fans of Alice Cooper and Elvira. On Friday, November 1st, Elvira will have a rare appearance in full costume for a special photo-op. She will be signing autographs as herself, Cassandra Peterson, on Saturday and Sunday. For one day only, on Saturday, November 2nd, Alice Cooper will have his photo-op with fans. He will also be signing autographs on Friday and Saturday only. Pre-sale photo-op tickets will be available starting September 3rd on Spooky Empire’s website.
Other celebrities joining the convention this year include some of the biggest names in horror and pop culture, including:
- Actor Tony Todd, best known for his distinctive voice and unforgettable roles including Candyman, The Crow, Wishmaster, Final Destination, Platoon, Night of the Living Dead, and coming soon Candyman (2020), plus many more.
- Lead actress of the classic thriller, Rosemary’s Baby, Mia Farrow joins the lineup for one day only. Farrow has also appeared in iconic films such as The Haunting of Julia, Hannah and her Sisters, See No Evil, The Purple Rose of Cairo, and more.
- Spooky Empire welcomes back the iconic C.J. Graham, known for his portrayal of “Jason Voorhees” in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. He’s also appeared on “Hellcop” in Highway to Hell.
- Director Clive Barker, best known for his films Hellraiser, Hellraiser II, Candyman, Midnight Meat Train, and Nightbreed.
- Sam Raimi, director of Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Spider-Man, Grudge, Crawl (producer), Xena, and Hercules.
- Plus, his brother actor Ted Raimi from Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, Xena: Warrior Princess, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Twin Peaks, Midnight Meat Train, and Spider-Man.
- The infamous actor Bruce Campbell of Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Xena: Warrior Princess, Burn Notice, Adventures of Brisco County Jr., and Bubba Ho-Tep.
- Actor James Hong who has been featured in Big Trouble in Little China, The Golden Child, Kung Fu Panda, Blade Runner, Seinfield, Tank Girl, Wayne’s World.
- And Danielle Harris, known for her roles in Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween (Rob Zombie), Holliston, and Hatchet 2.
Additional celebrity guests, photo op schedules, and more will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
All advance tickets, now on sale, are discounted. Prices increase after October 1st and at the door. In advance, four-day passes are $90, three-day passes are $80, one day passes on Thursday is $20, Friday and Sunday are $40, and on Saturday $50. Limited VIP Packages are available for $250 and include early entry to all three days, raffles, T-shirts, autograph line fast-pass, exclusive VIP party access on Saturday night with guest celebrities in attendance. Tickets for children 10 years old and under are free.
Rooms are available at Embassy Suites Tampa and all overflow hotels which can be found on Spooky Empire’s website. Spooky Empire attendees can reserve rooms online at discounted prices starting at $135 per night. Mention ‘Spooky Empire’ for the special rate.
For more information regarding the schedule and to purchase tickets, visit www.spookyempire.com Stay tuned as more activities, special guests, celebrities, and more will be announced in the coming weeks.
- [News] REQUIEM FOR A DREAM Director’s Cut Coming This October - August 10, 2020
- [Interview] Actor Gustaf Skarsgård for CURSED - July 28, 2020
- [News] HBO Releases Sneak Peek of LOVECRAFT COUNTRY - July 25, 2020