Spooky Empire, the company that hosts one of the most coveted and recognizable thriller conventions in the nation, is set to have many firsts as they enter their 17th year. This year, the convention welcomes attendees in a new city its new host location, Tampa Convention Center. As a special treat, doors will open an extra day in advance in celebration of Halloween on Thursday, October 31 and continue through Sunday, November 3, 2019.
The opening on Halloween day will feature tricks & treats for guests of all ages and a discounted price tag of $20 for adults and free for kids 12 and under. During Thursday’s festivities, convention-goers can experience the ‘dark side of comic con’ with a day full of exhibitors, afterparties, vendors, kids costume contests with prizes, and trick-or-treating. Throughout the weekend, guests will be able to meet and mingle with their favorite stars, buy amazing collectibles from hundreds of vendors and artists, see new and emerging films as well as old favorites, and even get tattooed by some of the best artists in the world.
“Needless to say, Halloween is our favorite holiday and without a question, we needed to incorporate it as part of this year’s Spooky Empire,” remarked Gina Mongelli, co-owner of Spooky Empire. She added, “we want our new fans to know and our longtime fans to remember that the convention is not only for adults, but it’s also kid-friendly.”
Celebrities and bold face names joining the festivities this year include some of the biggest names in horror and pop culture, including:
- Director Clive Barker, best known for his films Hellraiser, Hellraiser II, Candyman, Midnight Meat Train, and Night Breed.
- Sam Raimi, director of Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Ash vs Evil Dead, Spider-Man, Grudge, Crawl, “Xena”, and “Hercules”.
- Plus, his brother actor Ted Raimi from Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, “Xena: Warrior Princess”, “Ash vs Evil Dead”, “Twin Peaks”, Midnight Meat Train, and Spider-Man.
- The infamous actor Bruce Campbell of Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, “Xena: Warrior Princess”, “Burn Notice”, Adventures of Brisco County Jr, and Bubba Ho-tep.
- Actor James Hong who has been featured in Big Trouble in Little China, The Golden Child, Kung Fu Panda, Blade Runner, “Seinfeld”, Tank Girl, Wayne’s World.
- And Danielle Harris, known for her roles in Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween (Rob Zombie), Holliston, and Hatchet 2.
More celebrity guests will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
The Tampa Convention Center offers sparkling waterfront views of the Garrison Channel which connects to the Hillsborough River, 600,000 square feet of transformable spaces, and state of the art amenities. The facility has four-levels of space comprised of an exhibition hall, ballroom, spacious pre-function areas and several breakout rooms.
In addition to the facility’s features and amenities, the Tampa Convention Center’s central location gives visitors direct access to some of the city’s top hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
All advance tickets, now on sale, are discounted. Prices increase after October 1st and at the door. In advance, four-day passes are $90, three-day passes are $80, one day passes on Thursday is $20, Friday and Sunday are $40, and on Saturday $50. Limited VIP Packages are available for $250 and include early entry to all three days, raffles, T-shirts, autograph line fast-pass, exclusive VIP party access on Saturday night with guest celebrities in attendance. Tickets for children 12 years old and under are free.
Rooms are available at Embassy Suites Tampa and all overflow hotels which can be found on Spooky Empire’s website. Spooky Empire attendees can reserve rooms online at discounted prices starting at $135 per night. Mention ‘Spooky Empire’ for the special rate.
For more information regarding the schedule and to purchase tickets, visit www.spookyempire.com. Stay tuned as more activities, special guests, celebrities and more will be announced in the coming weeks.
- [Movie Review] THE ADVENT CALENDAR - December 2, 2021
- [News] THE LEGEND OF LA LLORONA Arrives in Theaters January 7 - December 2, 2021
- [News] Dive into the SEE FOR ME Trailer from IFC Midnight - December 2, 2021