This summer, beat the heat with two creepy Hammer Films classics! On July 30th, 2019, Scream Factory will be releasing LUST FOR A VAMPIRE and THE REPTILE for the first time on Blu-ray. Both releases include numerous new bonus features, including new audio commentaries and interviews, as well as feature presentation in two aspect ratios, 1.66:1 and 1.85:1. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com.
In LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, a mysterious man performs rites of black magic, bringing the notorious female vampire Carmilla Karnstein back to life. Looking to quench her bloodlust for the fairer sex, she enrolls at an exclusive girl’s school as the young debutante Mircalla (Yutte Stensgaard), and begins to feast on her fellow students as well as indulging in her unholy desires for a teacher. With the death toll mounting at both the school and the nearby village, can anyone stop Carmilla’s evil ways?
LUST FOR A VAMPIRE Bonus Features
- NEW 4K scan of the negative – presented in two aspect ratios – 1.66:1 and 1.85:1
- NEW audio commentary by author/film historian Bruce Hallenbeck
- NEW interview with actress Mel Churcher
- Audio Commentary by director Jimmy Sangster, star Suzanna Leigh and Hammer Films historian Marcus Hearn
- Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots
- Still Galleries
In THE REPTILE, a deadly epidemic is spreading through the remote Cornish village of Clagmoor Heath. As darkness falls, its victims are found foaming at the mouth with savage wounds on their necks. After his brother falls prey to the “black death,” Harry Spalding (Ray Barrett, Terror From Under The House) travels with his new wife (Jennifer Daniel, The Kiss of the Vampire) to Clagmoor to investigate his sibling’s mysterious death. With little help from the unfriendly locals, Harry follows a trail of clues that leads him to the sinister Dr. Franklyn (Noel Willman, The Vengeance Of She), the doctor’s strange, but beautiful daughter (Jacqueline Pearce, Doctor Who) … and a horrific family secret.
THE REPTILE Bonus Features
- Presented in two aspect ratios – 1.66:1 and 1.85:1
- NEW audio commentary by film historians Steve Haberman, Constantine Nasr and Ted Newsom
- NEW interview with 1st assistant director William P. Cartlidge
- The Serpent’s Tale – The Making of The Reptile
- World of Hammer – Wicked Women
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Still Galleries
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California.
- [News] Beware the BACKWOODS in Brand New Trailer - November 24, 2020
- [News] THE WITCHER Invites You On a Holiday Slay Ride - November 23, 2020
- [News] BOOK OF MONSTERS Collector’s Edition Dropping November 30 - November 23, 2020