MIDSUMMER SCREAM, the world’s largest Halloween and horror fan convention, will bring together the cast and crew of the Netflix series The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell for a reunion panel on Sunday, August 4 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
The presentation, called The Curious Creators of Christine McConnell’s Show, will be headlined by the series’ namesake, who became an Instagram sensation by dressing up for photos alongside macabre and decadent cakes and other tasty treats from her kitchen. The Netflix series imagined McConnell living in a haunted manor with a mummified cat, a reanimated raccoon, werewolf, and other creatures, all brought to life by an amazing team of puppeteers and voice actors.
Moderated by series co-creator and Muppet director Kirk Thatcher, the panel will also include the voices and puppeteers behind the show’s supporting cast, as they discuss behind-the-scenes antics, and their own creative careers.
- Christine McConnell (co-creator, playing herself) is a self-taught photographer, stylist and baker, who showcases her work with a macabre twist to nearly 500,000 Instagram followers. She has been commissioned to create custom cakes to promote films by Tim Burton, the Alien movie franchise, Netflix’s Stranger Things, and many other projects. She wrote and provided photos for the book Deceptive Desserts: A Lady’s Guide to Baking Bad.
- Colleen Smith (Rose and Cousin Evie, voice and puppeteer) teaches and direct shows at The Groundlings, with TV credits including Selfie, How I Met Your Mother, King of The Hill, No, You Shut Up! and The Office, and on film, played multiple puppet characters in The Happytime Murders.
- Drew Massey (Edgar, voice and puppeteer) film resumé includes: The Happytime Murders, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Men in Black I and II, The Hangover, Doctor Dolittle, The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz, Darjeeling Limited, and Team America.
- Mick Ignis (Edgar, suit performer) regularly plays not-so-human characters including the lead in the fan film Severus Snape and the Marauders, the title monsters in The Sandman and Cucuy: The Boogeyman, and a variety of murderous demons on the IFC series Stan Against Evil.
- Michael Oosterom (Rankle, voice and puppeteer) has provided puppetry for feature films The Muppets, Where The Wild Things Are, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and on TV for Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Sid & Marty Krofft’s Sigmund & The Sea Monsters, No, You Shut Up!, and The Jim Henson Company’s Puppet Up!
- Moderator: Kirk Thatcher (co-creator and executive producer) is an Emmy Award-winning writer/producer, director, as well as a creature maker and designer for both film and television, with credits on Return of the Jedi, Star Trek II, Star Trek III, E.T., Poltergeist, and Gremlins. Kirk has co-written several Muppet productions, and co-directed The Muppet Show Live, which played at the Hollywood Bowl, and London’s O2 Arena.
MIDSUMMER SCREAM is presented by David Markland (Executive Director), Gary Baker (Executive Producer), Claire Dunlap (Supervising Producer), and Rick West (Creative Director). Its goal is to showcase the diversity of Southern California’s haunt and horror community as a welcoming beacon for fans around the world to converge on Los Angeles for a weekend of excitement, networking and non-stop spooky fun! Be sure to follow MIDSUMMER SCREAM on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Periscope for breaking updates and information.
Love CHRISTINE MCCONNELL? Love all things spoopy? Get your tickets here to the largest celebration of all things spoopy at MIDSUMMER SCREAM 2019! Tomorrow is the last day to get 40% off of General Admission tickets, so go buy them now!
- [Listicle] Reasons Not To Miss Out on TRESE - June 18, 2021
- [News]ROCK, PAPER AND SCISSORS Arriving On Demand July 6 - June 18, 2021
- [News] Nia DaCosta Discusses CANDYMAN Ahead of Juneteenth - June 18, 2021