The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the first round of speakers for its 11th annual Produced By Conference on Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 at Warner Bros. Studios in Los Angeles. Seeking impactful new areas of conversation, this year’s gathering will offer an unmatched group of speakers featuring established, award-winning producers alongside the next generation of boundary-pushing content creators.
The confirmed speakers to date include: Warner Bros. film and television leaders Toby Emmerich and Peter Roth; powerhouse producer Ava DuVernay (President/Founder, Forward Movement; When They See Us, Queen Sugar); Hollywood heavyweight Michael Douglas (The Kominsky Method); content leader Cindy Holland (Vice President, Original Content, Netflix); TV veteran Nick Pepper (President, Legendary Television Studios); pioneering producer Marci Wiseman (Blumhouse Co-President of Television; Sharp Objects, The Loudest Voice); rising producer Trevor Macy (The Haunting of Hill House, Doctor Sleep); podcast creators turned TV showrunners Micah Bloomberg and Eli Horowitz (Homecoming); and industry authority Peter Micelli (Chief Strategy Officer, Film and Television, eOne). Produced By will host panels, Q&As, and mentoring opportunities including roundtable sessions and the popular “Producers Mashup.”
PGA’s Produced By Conference is a networking event and educational forum that reaches across film, television and new media to ignite conversation and action around the most pressing issues facing the industry. This year’s programming will explore challenges and opportunities in emerging media areas including the exciting frontier of streaming television, the dynamic growth of modern horror across film and TV, and narrative-driven podcasts.
The Produced By Conference is put on by the Producers Guild of America’s charitable entity, the PGA Foundation, as it epitomizes the Foundation’s core mission to educate those who work in the producing profession. Discounted early bird registration for PBC 2019 is available now through April 18 at ProducedByConference.com.
Confirmed panelists to date are noted below in alphabetical order. Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Aaron L. Gilbert, Chairman & CEO, BRON; The Mule, Tully
- Agnes Chu, Senior Vice President, Content, Disney+
- Alexandra Cunningham; Dirty John, Chance
- Amy Entelis, Executive VP for Talent and Content Development, CNN Worldwide; RBG, Apollo 11
- Ava DuVernay, President/Founder, Forward Movement; When They See Us, Queen Sugar
- Bonnie Abaunza, Founder/Impact Producer, Abaunza Group
- Cindy Holland, Vice President, Original Content, Netflix
- Craig Erwich, Senior Vice President of Content, Hulu
- Dustin Thomason; Castle Rock, Manhattan
- Eli Horowitz; Homecoming
- Gary Lucchesi, President, Lakeshore Entertainment; The Lincoln Lawyer, Million Dollar Baby
- Jane Rosenthal, Founder/CEO, Tribeca Enterprises; When They See Us, The Irishman
- Jenny Groom, EVP, Alternative Programming & Development, NBC Entertainment
- John FK Parenteau; Hollywood Corporate Communications, Blackmagic Design
- Jonathan King, President, Narrative Film & TV, Participant Media, When They See Us, Roma
- Kate Krantz, Chief Content Officer, Crypt TV; The Birch, Sunny Family Cult
- Lillian Diaz-Przybyl; Orbital Redux, Crowe’s Nest Live Sitcom
- Lori H. Schwartz; Principal, StoryTech
- Marci Wiseman, Co-President of Television, Blumhouse; Sharp Objects, The Loudest Voice
- Mark Gill, President & CEO, Solstice Studios
- Micah Bloomberg; Homecoming
- Michael Douglas; The Kominsky Method
- Michael Wright, President, EPIX
- Mike Farah, Chief Executive Officer, Funny or Die
- Nick Pepper, President, Legendary Television Studios
- Peter Micelli, Chief Strategy Officer, Film and Television, eOne
- Peter Roth, President and Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group
- Poppy Hanks, Senior Vice President, Development & Production, MACRO; Mudbound, Sorry to Bother You
- Sam Shaw; Castle Rock, Manhattan
- Scott Z. Burns; The Report, An Inconvenient Truth
- Shivani Rawat, CEO, ShivHans Pictures; Brian Banks, Captain Fantastic
- Steven Calcote; Orbital Redux, Crowe’s Nest Live Sitcom
- Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group
- Trevor Macy, Intrepid Pictures; The Haunting of Hill House, Doctor Sleep
- Yeardley Smith, Principal, Paperclip Ltd.; Small Town Dicks, Voice Talent The Simpsons
* The above speakers are subject to change.
In addition to Warner Bros. Studios, our conference sponsors to-date include: Delta Air Lines, the Official Airline Partner; BEN, Branded Entertainment Network; Blackmagic Design; Cast & Crew; Endcrawl; Film in Illinois; Final Draft; Film US Virgin Islands; Florida Office of Film & Entertainment; GreenSlate; Honolulu Film Office; Light Iron; Marriott Bonvoy; Massachusetts Film Office; Panavision; and Produce Iowa.
The 2019 Produced By Conference is chaired by PGA members Betsy Beers, Ian Bryce, Tracey Edmonds, Mike Farah, and Gene Stein. The Produced By Conference 2019 team is Supervising Producer, Barry Kaplan (EKG, Inc.), Program Directors, Madelyn Hammond & Javier Infante (Madelyn Hammond & Associates), Sponsorship Director, Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global), and Marketing Consultant, Julie Giles (greenHAT digital).
To review highlights from previous conferences and receive news and the latest programming updates for Produced By Conference 2019, please visit the Guild’s official website and follow its social media channels for the event:
Latest posts by Shannon McGrew (see all)
- [News] First Look at Suki Waterhouse in SEANCE - February 20, 2020
- [News] Rare BTS Images From BILL & TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE - February 19, 2020
- [Interview] Actor Stephen Lang for VFW - February 19, 2020