The sci-fi horror film THE BRAIN comes to Blu-ray on April 30, 2019, from Scream Factory. The release is packed with extensive new bonus features, including new audio commentaries with director Ed Hunt (Halloween Hell), composer Paul Zaza and actor Tom Bresnahan (The Kingdom), and interviews with actress Cynthia Preston (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan), actor George Buza (X-Men), assistant art director Michael Borthwick, and more.
Imagine a pulsating mass of grey matter, exploding in size in size and strength as takes control of human minds and devours human bodies. It could never happen, right? Just watch Independent Thinking, starring Dr. Anthony Blakely (Gale), a hot new TV program. But as the show’s ratings continue to soar, so does the suicide and murder rate among its viewers. What they don’t know is that Dr. Blake has teamed with an alien brain and plans to gain control of all humanity.
- NEW 4K scan of the original negative
- NEW Audio Commentary with director Ed Hunt
- NEW Audio Commentary with composer Paul Zaza
- NEW Audio Commentary with actor Tom Bresnahan
- NEW Canada on the Mind – an interview with actress Cynthia Preston
- NEW From Monster Kid to Monster Man – an interview with actor George Buza
- NEW Brain Art – an interview with assistant art director Michael Borthwick
- NEW Food for Thought: A Love Letter to THE BRAIN
- Still Gallery
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials.
In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
- [News] Welcome Villain Films Announces Composer Samuel Laflamme to Score MALUM - March 20, 2023
- [News] SHUDDER – Here’s What’s Coming to Scare in April - March 20, 2023
- [News] Yellow Veil Pictures Acquire Erotic Thriller Doc WE KILL FOR LOVE - March 17, 2023