The Toronto True Crime Film Festival (TTCFF) will have its second annual edition this June 14th and 15th, 2019 at the historic Revue Cinema in Toronto. TTCFF will spotlight new documentaries and narrative films based on true crimes, as well as a retro screening and speaking events featuring filmmakers, writers, and other members of the true crime community.
The festival has just launched a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo and is raising funds to help cover a portion of the festival’s expenses such as venue rental, guest travel and accommodation, screening fees, and more. The festival has set its fundraising goal at $7,500, which will allow the festival to increase its scope, and bring in even more incredible guests.
Last year, funds raised via IndieGoGo helped in many ways, but the biggest was that they allowed TTCFF to host true crime personalities and filmmakers like Skye Borgman, the director of Abducted In Plain Sight (which had its International Premiere at the festival seven months before it was released on Netflix).
The campaign is a chance for true crime fans in Toronto to support TTCFF through its early days, as well as get their passes at a discount ($50 instead of $65).
Full perks include:
- All-Access Passes to the 2019 Festival
- Lifetime Passes for span of the festival’s existence
- Toronto True Crime Film Festival t-shirts
- Concession Cards which offer discounted popcorn and soda during the festival
- Hunt-A-Killer subscription boxes
- Handmade crime-themed cat toys
With our new venue booked, dates confirmed, and programming well on its way, the plan for the funds raised during its crowdfunding campaign is to take the festival to the next level—more filmmakers, more speakers, cool festival swag, and so much more! Toronto True Crime Film Festival’s second year is going to be an event to remember and establish the festival as one of the world’s premier true crime fan events.
Crowdfunding is officially underway via IndieGoGo and can be accessed at the following link: https://igg.me/at/ttcff-2019/x.
Latest posts by Shannon McGrew (see all)
- [News] Cleopatra Acquires GAME OF DEATH - February 21, 2020
- [Nightmarish Detour Review] ONWARD - February 21, 2020
- [Interview] Director William Brent Bell for BRAHMS: THE BOY II - February 20, 2020