Park Circus is delighted to announce the 2019 return to the big screen with Ridley Scott’s ground-breaking 1979 sci-fi classic ALIEN.
ALIEN will screen at cinemas across the UK and selected international territories from March 1, 2019 in a new 4K restoration of the original theatrical cut, to mark its 40th anniversary.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery. The 4K scans were done at EFilm and the audio restoration was done by Audio Mechanics.
WInner of the 1979 Academy Award for Visual Effects (H.R. Giger, Carlo Rambaldi, Brian Johnson, Nick Allder, Denys Ayling), and the film which spawned a vast media franchise of films, novels, comic books, video games, and toys, ALIEN remains a visceral, captivating and poetic blend of sci-fi and horror – and what better way to mark its 40th anniversary than to experience it back on the big screen, where it truly belongs.
Following a special screening at Glasgow Film Festival on February 28, 2019, ALIEN will open at BFI Southbank on March 1, 2019, for a two-week run, before screening at cinemas across the UK and selected international territories.
ALIEN by Numbers
- 3 Words – That sold the script to the studio: “Jaws in space”
- 3 Hours 12 Minutes – The duration of the original cut of the film
- 4 Cats – The number of cats that played Jonesy in the film
- 4 Minutes – The full screen time of the Xenomorph
- 5 Directors – That were considered before they found Ridley Scott
- 7 Feet 2 Inches – The height of Bolaji Badejo in his one and only role playing the titular monster
- 26 Feet – The height of the Space Jockey prop
- 130 Eggs – The number of prop Alien eggs made
- $38,461 – The average made per cinema by Alien on opening weekend in 1979, totalling $3.5 million
- $4.2 million – The original budget of the film, which was doubled after Ridley Scott storyboarded his ideas
- 26 – Alien is a member of the exclusive club of only 26 horror films that have ever won an Oscar
- 273 Cinemas – That’s how many cinemas will be showing Alien‘s 4K restoration and re-release in cinemas from March 1st.
- [Interview] Actor Gustaf Skarsgård for CURSED - July 28, 2020
- [News] HBO Releases Sneak Peek of LOVECRAFT COUNTRY - July 25, 2020
- [Interview] Writer Alston Ramsay for Into the Dark’s THE CURRENT OCCUPANT - July 25, 2020