Long before superhero movies were packing out multiplex cinemas, Freddy Krueger creator Wes Craven followed-up the success of Richard Donner’s Superman with this fondly remembered DC adaptation that brings a comic book favourite to life!
Following the success of The Hills Have Eyes, SWAMP THING shows Craven adapting his style from less rough ‘n’ ready thrills and spills – and the result is an adventure thriller featuring a mutant-monster with good intentions, and a supporting cast of fan-favourites including Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog, Escape from New York), Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, RoboCop) and David Hess (The Last House On The Left) in one of his best-remembered villainous turns.
Released in 1982 to an appreciative cult following, SWAMP THING remains one of Craven’s most mesmerising achievements – with a faithful DC-comic look and action-packed special effects. 88 Films is delighted to present SWAMP THING in a very special edition Blu-ray release that packs a pristine punch and highlights this creature feature classic in all of its bayou-tinged brilliance!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and standard definition DVD presentations
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by director Wes Craven, moderated by Sean Clark
- ‘Swamp Screen: Designing DC’s Main Monster’ – an interview with Production designer Robb Wilson King
- ‘From Krug to Comics: How the Mainstream Shaped a Radical Genre Voice’ – interview with critic Kim Newman
- Original theatrical trailer
- Picture booklet
88 Films presents SWAMP THING on UK Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD March 25. SWAMP THING can be purchased HERE.
Latest posts by Shannon McGrew (see all)
- [News] Cleopatra Acquires GAME OF DEATH - February 21, 2020
- [Nightmarish Detour Review] ONWARD - February 21, 2020
- [Interview] Director William Brent Bell for BRAHMS: THE BOY II - February 20, 2020