Locked out of the house by a group of ruthless intruders, one mother must summon every bit of her strength and smarts to save her children who are trapped inside in the edge-of-your-seat thriller, BREAKING IN, arriving as an Unrated Director's Cut on Digital and the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on July 24, 2018 and on Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on August 7, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Producers Will Packer (No Good Deed, Obsessed) and Gabrielle Union (Almost Christmas, Being Mary Jane) reunite for this original action thriller that follows a mother who encounters every parent's worst nightmare. Bring home the film's Unrated Director's Cut on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital and discover gripping never-before-seen content, including an alternate opening, deleted scenes and exclusive featurettes.
Shaun Russell (Union) takes her son and daughter on a weekend getaway to her late father's secluded, high-tech vacation home in the countryside where the family soon receives and unwelcome surprise from four men who break into the house in search of a hidden safe. After managing to escape, Shaun stops at nothing to turn the tables on the thieves and rescue her two children being held hostage in a house designed with impenetrable security. No trap, no trick and especially no man inside can match a mother with a mission in BREAKING IN. Directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta, Sense8), BREAKING IN also stars Billy Burke (Twilight Series), Aijona Alexus (13 Reasons Why, Acrimony) and Seth Carr (Black Panther).
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY AND DVD
- Alternate Opening - The Gas Station with Commentary by Director James McTeigue and Scriptwriter Ryan Engle
- One Bad Mother - Gabrielle Union shows that there is no limit to what a threatened mother will do to keep her children safe, and why a woman on a mission should never be underestimated.
- A Filmmaker's Eye - The crew explores what makes Director James McTeigue's vision and style uniquely valuable when it comes to creating the right mood for the film.
- A Lesson in Kicking Ass - A behind-the-scenes look at how physically demanding the role of Shaun was for Gabrielle Union, and the steps production took to ensure the most convincing execution of the stunts throughout the film.
- A Hero Evolved – An inspiring account of how leading roles are shifting to embrace the qualities that more diverse actors can bring to the table.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Feature Commentary by Director James McTeigue and Scriptwriter Ryan Engle
REAKING IN will be available on Blu-ray combo pack which includes Blu-ray, DVD and Digital, and Movies Anywhere.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- Movies Anywhere is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visithttps://moviesanywhere.com.
ABOUT UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast