On behalf of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, we are giving away (1) Blu-ray copy of the critically acclaimed, multi-award-winning action spectacle, 1917, from Academy Award-winning director Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Spectre, Skyfall).
In 1917 at the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (George MacKay) and Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers – Blake’s own brother among them.
1917 comes to Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD with bonus content showcasing the incredible craft and artistry behind the immersive feature, including a detailed look into the production design, how the film engineered a one shot, 360-degree format and interviews with the cast and crew.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY, DVD AND DIGITAL:
- The Weight of the World: Sam Mendes – Academy Award winner Sam Mendes discusses his personal connection to World War 1.
- Allied Forces: Making 1917 – Learn how the one shot, 360-degree format was executed and the pivotal role Academy Award winner Roger Deakins served in bringing Sam Mendes’ vision to life.
- The Music of 1917 – Composer Thomas Newman and filmmakers discuss the important role of the Academy Award-nominated score.
- In The Trenches – Go behind the scenes with the cast of 1917.
- Recreating History – Filmmakers offer a detailed look at the production design challenges of recreating the First World War.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Sam Mendes
- Feature Commentary with Director of Photography Roger Deakins
To enter, you must fill out the form below with your name, address, and social media handles. All entries must be following Nightmarish Conjurings on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. One winner will be randomly chosen and notified on March 20, 2020. Open to the U.S. only, no purchase necessary to enter.
- [Series Review] UNSOLVED MYSTERIES - June 29, 2020
- [Interview] Co-Directors Jonathan Milott & Cary Murnion for BECKY - June 29, 2020
- [Interview] Writer/Director David Koepp for YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT - June 27, 2020