In space, no one can hear you scream. The terrifying sci-fi adventure, ALIEN, celebrates 40 years with an all-new 4K Ultra HD™ master, available April 23. A limited edition 4K UHD™ steelbook of ALIEN 40th Anniversary Edition will also be available exclusively at Best Buy.
n the film that birthed the wildly successful ALIEN franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations – but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans were done at EFilm.
ALIEN 40th Anniversary Bonus Features:
- 1979 Theatrical Version
- 2003 Director’s Cut
- 2003 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott and the Cast & Crew
- 1999 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Final Theatrical Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Deleted Scenes
ALIEN 40th Anniversary 4K ULTRA HD & Blu-ray Specs
Street Date: April 23, 2019
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio (4K Ultra HD): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1 / English DTS-HD-MA 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only) / English Surround DTS-HD-MA2 2.0 / Spanish DD 5.1 / French DTS 5.1
Audio (Blu-ray): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1 / English Dolby Digital 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only) / English Surround Dolby Digital 2.0 / Spanish DD 5.1 / French DTS 5.1
U.S. Rating: R for sci-fi violence, gore and language
Latest posts by Shannon McGrew (see all)
- [News] Horror-Comedy SNATCHERS Coming to Home Video - November 20, 2019
- [Event Recap] Running Universal’s Jurassic World 5K - November 20, 2019
- [News] FON Takes on Hollywood with Christmas RUSH - November 18, 2019